Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wicked Wednesdays: The Joker

Welcome to Wicked Wednesdays where we chat
about movie villains past, present and future.



Okay, I'll tell you right now. Batman is my favorite superhero. He's not an alien and he doesn't have super powers. His talent is his resourcefulness, courage and determination. And it doesn't hurt that he's got so much money he makes Donald Trump look like a hobo.

The most imposing Batman villain has got to be The Joker. Previous "Jokers" like the bombastic Jack Nicholson or the goofy Cesar Romero set the stage for the darkest, most demented Joker to ever rock Gotham City -- Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight (2008).

Nevertheless, you can't help feeling a BIT sorry for him when he tells about his horrible childhood:

JOKER: You wanna know how I got these scars? My father, was a drinker, and a fiend. And one night, he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and says, "Why so serious?" Comes at me with the knife. "WHY SO SERIOUS?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face."

Which is your favorite Batman movie?

2 comments:

  1. Really, the 1966 one with Adam West.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zelda: Heath Ledger was a one scary dude. I like the Adam West version best, as well.

    ReplyDelete