Sunday, January 8, 2017
Episode 6 - Post Production
Welcome to the final segment of the series.
Post-production is what to do after shooting is completed.
1) Editing software - I use Sony Vegas Movie Maker, but there are many other video editing programs. Good films have been created just by using a phone. Today everyone can make movies, which is a good thing!
2) Music - Whether to use music or not depends on what kind of film you are making. Music effects the mood of the film. Even no music at all sends a message. Just be sure to have copyright permission unless you are creating your own music.
3) Credits - Give credit to actors, tech crew and anyone else who contributed to your film, whether through time, talent or finances. Be thankful. Film is a collaborative endeavor...you can't do it alone.
4) Promotion - In today's social media universe, your film can be viewed by anyone. Start a YouTube or Vimeo account and get involved in the filmmaking community.
5) Contests - Check out the various short film festivals and contests. This is another way to get your film seen and to network with the filmmaking community.
Now start making your film! Ready, set, GO!
Posted by Luana Krause at 11:39 AM