Friday, November 25, 2011

Aliens in Wyoming

Our annual staff meeting is November 30 and my supervisor asked me to help with the staff video. She knows I'm a "filmmaker" and since I won the Shootout  Cheyenne 24 Hour Filmmaking Festival this year, she thought I wouldn't mind working on the project.

The video is about an Alien who wants to start a business in Wyoming. He goes through all the divisions of our agency for assistance. I call it "Close Encounters at the Wyoming Business Council." There are references to Star Wars, Star Trek, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Toy Story (Buzz Lightyear). The video will be shown at the staff meeting next week. I'm looking forward to seeing the audience reaction. We've never done a staff video like this before.

We will be serving Alien cookies as a movie treat during the premiere.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds great! Will you be able to post it, or is it too company proprietary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea. I would LOVE to post it. Have to check with the powers that be. Probably not since we are using the actual soundtrack to Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete