Thursday, April 26, 2012

W is for Wilbur



Welcome to the A to Z Blogging Challenge where I will post on a word
featuring a different letter of the alphabet each day of the month of April.
My theme for this challenge is Animals on TV and Film.


Wilbur - "Charlotte's Web"

THE STORY: A pig named Wilbur is in danger getting slaughtered, so his friend Charlotte, a spider, comes to the rescue.

ABOUT WILBUR:  Wilbur was the runt of the litter and almost died. Luckily, a farm girl named Fern took him under her wing and raised him as her very own pet pig. Wilbur had a lot of friends on the farm but his very best friend was Charlotte. She was wise and kind and loved Wilbur very much. Wilbur was SOME PIG!

Do you have any spider stories?

4 comments:

  1. Charlotte's Web was the first book that made me cry. My favorite quote is:
    “It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer.”
    ― E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie: It's a wonderful heartwarming story. I cried, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the book way back when - saw the movie in one TV airing in the 70's. I teared up too.

    I am arachnophobic, yet went to see Arachnophobia in the theater (hey, what movie is guaranteed to scare me?) and I think someone behind me must have seen me squirming and cowering, as during one of the darkest moments in the movie something brushed my ear and I screamed like a little girl. I'll bet they're still telling that story.

    And you know what? So am I!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Arachnophobia. It didn't really bother me. That's a funny story...you really need to write a book about your movie experiences.

    ReplyDelete