Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is for Cujo



Welcome to the A to Z Blogging Challenge where I will post on a word
featuring a different letter of the alphabet each day of the month of April.
My theme for this challenge is Animals on TV and Film.


"Cujo"
THE STORY: A little boy is afraid of monsters in his closet and his parents try to reassure him that monsters don't exist. He finds out differently when he and his mother are trapped in a broken down Pinto with a large rabid (and somewhat possessed) St. Bernard keeping watch.

ABOUT CUJO: Cujo lives in the country and belongs to a family that includes a misogynistic auto mechanic, his doormat wife and their teenage son. Like most country dogs, Cujo likes to chase rabbits. Unfortunately this leads to his demise when he corners a rabbit in a hole and gets bitten by a rabid bat. Once the rabies sets in, Cujo becomes a monster and goes on a killing spree.

Have you ever had a Cujo moment?

6 comments:

  1. I believe in monsters. The kid was right. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zelda: You are right. Monsters do exist, mostly in the form of humans. I've had a few Cujo moments. A few years ago a dog attacked me when I went for a run. I had to go to the emergency room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cujo scared the crap out of me and it gave St. Bernards a bad name. Do I believe in monsters? Of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitch: This movie reminds me of myself. My son looked just like the kid that was trapped in the car and we acutally had a Pinto (that was the most unreliable car EVER! We even bought it new in 1978 and it was a lemon!) My dad, the mechanic, was always working on it when it broke down. I think that's why the writers had the mom and kid trapped in one. Very realistic. (Don't remember if the Pinto was in the original Stephen King story or not. I haven't read "Cujo" in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice - poor old Cujo - gets his nose bit and goes mad. He was a big good boy before the rabies took him away and replaced him with a monster. I have this on Blu-Ray - looking like a rewatch is about to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Craig: I love this movie. Even when you know what's going to happen, the filmming is just so suspenseful. The sub-plot about the affair is well done, too.

    ReplyDelete