Saturday, April 21, 2012

S is for Seabiscuit



Welcome to the A to Z Blogging Challenge where I will post on a word
featuring a different letter of the alphabet each day of the month of April.
My theme for this challenge is Animals on TV and Film.



"Seabiscuit"

THE STORY: It's the Great Depression and America needs a hero. Enter Seabiscuit - a little horse with a big heart. In the words of the horse's owner Charles Howard - "The horse is too small, the jockey is too big, the trainer is too old and I'm too dumb to know the difference."

ABOUT SEABISCUIT: Not the biggest horse or the most beautiful, Seabiscuit holds his own in the race to end all races against War Admiral, the top racehorse in the country. For those down on their luck and standing in soup lines, Seabiscuit is a metaphor for hope. There's a reason a horse shoe brings good luck.

If you were a horse what would your name be?

3 comments:

  1. My family is from Kentucky, so there is always a lot of talk about great race horses. I'd heard about Seabiscuit from an early age. Loved the story and the movie. My horse name would be Jedi Wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie: I was really impressed with this movie. Jeff Bridges and Chris Cooper were amazing. Great story and beautifully shot. Jedi Wind...very cool. Mine would be Dream Dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another movie I've not seen.

    Nigel.

    ReplyDelete