Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is for Aslan



Welcome to the A to Z Blogging Challenge where I will post on a word
featuring a different letter of the alphabet each day of the month of April.
My theme for this challenge is Animals on TV and Film.

Aslan - "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"
THE STORY: Aslan, a lion, is King of the enchanted land of Narnia. When human children (Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy) arrive in Narnia through a wardrobe portal, the White Witch tries to kill them. Aslan sacrifices himself, becoming their savior and defeating the White Witch. A truly Biblical ending.

ABOUT ASLAN: Aslan is good but also fearsome. He has great power and beauty. He is reasonable and just. He gave special gifts to the "sons of Adam and the Daughters of Eve," but they weren't gifts you would imagine a child would need -- they were for warfare: a sword for Peter, a bow and arrow for Susan and a dagger for Lucy. In the world of Narnia, spiritual warfare is a realtiy.  

What strange world would you find in the back of your closet?

4 comments:

  1. What STRANGE world would I find in the back of my closet? A world that rains men that actually want to be in a relationship. OR hails high heels and coffee beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diantha: LOL! Here's to closet magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In high school we lived in this huge house (2500 square feet) and with my older brothers moved out I had the entire upstairs to myself. Well, in my bedroom were two closets on opposite walls facing each other - one a regular closet, and the other a cedar closet for storing clothes in and keeping safe from moths and such since they hate cedar. In back of BOTH of those closets? A tiny little door just barely big enough for a child to fit through. The official story was that they were used to access the area behind the walls for potential repairs - but I well knew they were magical doorways to some crazy world or worlds - or so I often imagined.

    As for Aslan - how lovely is the velvety voice of Liam Neeson for the big kitty?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craig: I've seen closets with these little doors in the back. My grandmother's house had one. I never checked it out. I wasn't much of an explorer. Too chicken. Yes, Liam gets around.

    ReplyDelete