Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for Felix the Cat



Welcome to the A to Z Blogging Challenge where I will post on a word
featuring a different letter of the alphabet each day of the month of April.
My theme for this challenge is Animals on TV and Film.



"Felix the Cat"

THE STORY: Felix the Cat has a Magic Bag of tricks that gives him whatever he wants and helps him out whenever he gets into a fix. Unfortunately, this makes him a target of the Professor, a scientist who tries to steal the Magic Bag for his own evil purposes.


ABOUT FELIX: Felix not only has to deal with the Professor, but his nephew Poindexter and sidekick Rock Bottom, as well. Between the three of them, Felix has his paws full. Nevertheless, Felix always has the last laugh. If Felix were around today, he'd probably be a national security threat.


What would you have in your bag of tricks?

6 comments:

  1. cool theme! funny that most cats like to climb inside bags..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had completely forgotten about Felix the Cat! I loved him.

    I would have a bag like the one Mary Poppins had where you could just put you hand in and bring out absolutely anything you needed.

    Enjoy the rest of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle: Cats and bags go together. The best thing about Felix is that he's always so happy. Happy Happy Joy Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise: I would love a magic bag to provide some emergency chocolate right when I need it. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man I love Felix! I started out watching the 60's cartoon with the bag of tricks, but then went back to the OLD ones from the 30's - now there are some wacked out cartoons! If those animators weren't on drugs - they needed to be!

    You can probably find some on YouTube, or maybe on a cheap bargain DVD of kids cartoons at a Big Box store - you know, that starts with W and ends with art? You must check them out Luana - as a filmmaker you will appreciate their creative anarchy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Craig: I grew up on the 60s tunes as well. I did a bit of research on Felix and I would love to see those old cartoons. We tend to romanticize the 20s and 30s but, man, they were pretty wild.

    ReplyDelete