Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J is for Jerry



Welcome to the A to Z Blogging Challenge where I will post on a word
featuring a different letter of the alphabet each day of the month of April.
My theme for this challenge is Animals on TV and Film.



Jerry  - "Tom and Jerry"

THE STORY: Tom the Cat and Jerry the Mouse are arch rivals and spend most of their time trying to outsmart each other. Although sometimes they join forces against a common enemy (the dog).

ABOUT JERRY: So how can a tiny mouse defeat a big, hungry house cat? It's easy when you're a clever, cunning creature like Jerry. Tom doesn't really want to eat a Jerry sandwich, he just wants to "play cat and mouse" with him. But luck is on Jerry's side and Tom usually gets the heavy end of the anvil.


Have you ever lifted an anvil? That's some mouse!

5 comments:

  1. No anvils here. I howled at these cartoons when I saw them however. I live the yowling voice they gave Tom when he got hurt or scared. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig: I grew up with these toons. The Looney Tunes were my favorite but I always loved a good Tom & Jerry showdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom and Jerry were my BFFs growing up. I used to draw my own T and J cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie: That is so cool. I had Tom and Jerry coloring book! Coloring was my second favorite thing to do besides watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fellow challenger stopping by. I love your theme for this challenge. Tom and Jerry were total classics that definitely need to get some love :)

    ReplyDelete