Monday, April 9, 2012

H is for Hazel



Welcome to the A to Z Blogging Challenge where I will post on a word
featuring a different letter of the alphabet each day of the month of April.
My theme for this challenge is Animals on TV and Film.



Hazel - "Watership Down"

THE STORY: A warren of wild rabbits are forced from their home because it is being destroyed by humans. They must find a new home. But their enemies are everywhere - cats, birds of prey, dogs, foxes, humans with guns and roads with cars. The rabbits are blessed by their creator with the ability to run fast and to outwit their enemies.


ABOUT HAZEL: Hazel is the Chief Rabbit and leads the group on this dangerous journey. He is a natural leader and wisely heeds the advice of his younger brother, Fiver, who is a seer and has visions of the future.


Have you ever had a pet rabbit? We did. Her name was Lilac because her coat was a light lavender color.


This is where I encourage you to see this movie and read the book. It is life changing.

4 comments:

  1. Luana, I absolutely adore this film/book but every time I see it I howl my eyes out - not just because it's about fluffy rabbits but also because it makes me feel terrible that humans think they are so superior and above all other species and that they feel they have some kind of right to tear the earth apart.

    I can't even hear the song 'Bright Eyes' without crying too. I know - I'm a complete woos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had a rabbit - one of the few creatures that was never a pet in our household actually - and we rain the gamut: hermit crabs, a parrot, a newt, fish, dogs, cats, and my brothers had a pony before I was born!

    Great movie - terrific H choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise: I cry too. This is my favorite book of all time, which says a lot because I'm a book reading fanatic! I totally agree with you about the human abuse of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craig: We always had a dog wherever we lived (Spot, Princess, King, Charlie Brown, Lady Bug, Barney, Patches, Jude). Other times we had turtles, fish and a cat or two.

    ReplyDelete