Wednesday, April 18, 2012

P is for Pongo and Perdita


Welcome to the A to Z Blogging Challenge where I will post on a word
featuring a different letter of the alphabet each day of the month of April.
My theme for this challenge is Animals on TV and Film.



Pongo and Perdita - "101 Dalmatians"

THE STORY: Cruella DeVil dog-naps Pongo and Perdita's 15 puppies to make clothing from their coats. The Dalmatian parents find their pups and rescue the 84 other Dalmatian puppies that have also been taken. Pongo and Perdita adopt the brood as their own. Talk about a tax deduction.

ABOUT PONGO AND PERDITA: So how did they meet? Pongo, bored to tears and tired of the bachelor life with his human, Roger. He was gazing out the window of their flat when he saw Perdita walking in the park with her human, Anita. For Pongo it was love at first sight. As only a dog can, he got Roger to take him to the park so they could meet the ladies - and fall in love.

How did you meet your significant other?

7 comments:

  1. I haven't seen 101 Dalmations in a long time. Now that I've seen your post, I want to see the movie again ... now! ;)

    I met my husband through work. I didn't even like him at first. He was persistant, though and I finally fell in love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janyce: I want to see it again, too! Your husband must have thought you were the cat's pajamas. Good thing he doesn't give up easily. I met my hubby when I was a waitress at a donut shop. He was in the Air Force. I was 18 and he was 23. We married a year later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My own children went through a serious "Dalmatian" phase. I actually had to call them Pongo and Perdita. We had a bathtub full of dalmatian squeaker toys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie: That is awesome. Dalmatian pups are adorable. Our neighbor had a Dalmatian named Rocky. He was out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, well, the joke's on me. Hi Luana. Why did I not recognize this as your blog? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia: Hee Hee. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got to see this one projected in grade school - and then saw the live action movie years later - great fun in the classic Disney style!

    America Online, North Carolina chat room, late 1996.

    ReplyDelete