Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I is for Iago



Welcome to the A to Z Blogging Challenge where I will post on a word
featuring a different letter of the alphabet each day of the month of April.
My theme for this challenge is Animals on TV and Film.



Iago - "Aladdin"

THE STORY: Aladdin is a street urchin who falls in love with the beautiful and independent Princess Jasmine, who can only marry a prince, not a pauper. Meanwhile, the evil Jafar (Grand Vizier to the Sultan of Agrabah) wants to rule the land with the aid of a genie who resides in a magic lamp.

ABOUT IAGO: Iago is a greedy, devious parrot that hates stale crackers and helps Jafar in his plot to acquire the magic lamp. Because of his remarkable ability to imitate voices, he is useful to Jafar who tells Iago, "I love the way your fowl little mind works."


If you had a genie who could grant you three wishes, what would they be? (and you can't say "more wishes")

4 comments:

  1. I have fond memories of my son doing Iago impressions when he was four or five. Three wishes: Money Tree, No harm to ever come to those I love, and the removal of calories from all food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie's wishes are pretty good - I would adjust them thusly: one crazy Powerball win (because money tree might die) and only enough calories remain in food to drop me to optimum weight, then shift to only enough to keep me there no matter what I ate.

    I love Iago, and forgot to mention when we were talking about impressions that I do a sterling (and loud) Gilbert Gottfried...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie: That's so cool your son did Iago impressions! I agree with your wishes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craig: Looks like money is number one wish. It sure ocmes in handy. Way cool that you do Gilbert Gottfried impressions. He has a very distinctive voice.

    ReplyDelete