Saturday, April 7, 2012

G is for Goats



Welcome to the A to Z Blogging Challenge where I will post on a word
featuring a different letter of the alphabet each day of the month of April.
My theme for this challenge is Animals on TV and Film.



"The Men Who Stare at Goats"

THE STORY: Bob Wilton, a reporter goes to Kuwait with Lyn Cassady, a former special forces agent, and learns about the New Earth Army who were trained to use psychic powers in warfare.


ABOUT THE GOATS: The goats were flown in from South America, de-bleeted, and used for psychic experiments. In the secret goat laboratory, soldiers practiced stopping the goats hearts by staring at them. Back when the experiments were going on, Lyn used his psychic ability to kill a goat in this manner. He always regretted it. Later, when Larry Hooper started the goat experiments again, Lyn released the goats into the desert.


Do you like goat cheese?

4 comments:

  1. I do like goat cheese! I have not seen this movie, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig: I've never tasted goat cheese but I would like to try it sometime. I enjoyed this movie; it was funny but sometimes the humor didn't work. It was poking fun at the military and a lot of Americans don't like that at all, even if it is just a movie. A comic war film like MASH and Catch-22 - but not up to those standards. I think the problem is whether or not people can laugh at modern day warfare. This took place in Kuwait in 2003.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a weird, weird story.

    Look forward to your challenge run…
    --Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Luana. Haven't seen the movie, but I do like goat cheese. 1 for 2 isn't bad :-)

    ReplyDelete