Thursday, April 23, 2015

T is for Tetons

Welcome to the 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge! Each day for the month of April I will be posting alphabetically from A to Z and my theme is Wyoming.



Located ten miles south of Yellowstone in northwestern Wyoming, the Grand Tetons are one of Wyoming's most beautiful mountain ranges. People visit here from all over the world to climb the mountains, hike the backcountry, float the Snake River and enjoy the beautiful landscape. The mountain is 13,775 feet in elevation. Pretty inspiring!

What is one your state's most inspiring sites?

8 comments:

  1. Okay, this is actually the first thing I think I did know was in Wyoming. I love the mountains and hiking. I would love to hike in the Grand Tetons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaybird, I've never been hiking there but would love to try it.

      Delete
  2. There was a mountain across the river from my parents' cottage when I was kid... I certainly wasn't as a 13,000 feet tall but it seemed massive at the time. There was a large white cross as the top that the priest (who had a cottage directly at the foot) and placed there some years before. I couldn't imagine scaling such a high peak, though I discovered later that there was pretty easy-to-hike path on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember camping in the Grand Tetons when I was a kid and it snowed on mid-summer's day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does snow in Wyoming in the summer in high elevation. Cheyenne is over 6,000 feet above sea level. Grand Tetons is 13,775 feet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CD that sounds beautiful. I lived in Colorafo for a time as a kid. We lived high on a mountain. It was kind of scary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Grand Tetons are beautiful! A few years ago (I think in 2012) I went there for the Canon Photography in the Parks (free!) Workshop. Gorgeous scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You said "Tetons!" (snicker snicker)

    Beautiful place - you're really making me want to visit Wyoming with these posts!

    ReplyDelete