Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Questions for Filmmkakers



After making a movie I get in a reflective mood. I was so exhausted after Saturday's shoot that it's taken me three days (and counting) just to recuperate. I still haven't started editing. All I was able to do was look at the raw footage. I will have to go back for pick up shots this coming Saturday. I often ask why I do this to myself. Maybe this will clear things up for me.

What do you like best about the movie-making process?

Writing the script. Seeing my ideas come alive on paper and imagine how the story is going to play out visually.

Editing. Arranging shots/scenes, music and effects to create the finished product.

The response of the audience. I like to hear what they think.

Scouting locations and being surprised at how some of the scenes or the story itself may change depending on what I find.

The last minute surprises during the shoot when an amazing image presents itself or when an actor offers a wonderful line or bit of business.

Creating a thing of beauty.

The cookies.

What do you like least?

Everything else. Just kidding . . . sort of.

Paper work (legal stuff).

Depending on people who may not be trustworthy.

The physical exhaustion of the shoot.

Computer technology (converting files, compressing files, etc.)

Dealing with sound and lighting problems.



4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lot goes in to making a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry: I just started doing this last year. This is my fifth and with each one I learn something new. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still looks like fun. I'm also a fan of the cookie. Preferable snickerdoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zelda: LOL! We had a nice variety ... including Snickerdoodles!

    ReplyDelete