Monday, September 30, 2013

Coming Out of Hibernation

Things have been crazy here in Wyoming. I've been playing around with my new Netflix subscription and watching movies I'd never heard of and movies that I never thought I'd see again.

Some of my most recent finds include:

The Trip (2010) with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon. A British "mockumentary" that threw its arms around me and squeezed out the giggles. Steve and Rob go on a road trip in Northern England to visit restaurants for a newspaper piece. I'd never heard of these British actors and they were hysterical. One of my favorite scenes was when they were trying to one-up each other with their impersonations of Michael Caine. "She was only 15 years old..."





Breaking Bad -- I haven't been obsessed with a TV show this much since Seinfeld. The finale was Sunday night and it did not disappoint. I predict this show will have the legacy of being one of the best shows in television history.


Bryan Cranston in Breaking Bad



Ingmar Bergman's Persona, Through a Glass Darkly, Winter Light, and Silence. These films were on DVD and included amazing extras about Bergman's creative process and his masterful filmmaking technique. The cinematography is stunning.

The Silence (1963)


Woody Allen: A Documentary (2012). Okay, if you know me at all, you know I am a huge Woody Allen fan. This documentary was fascinating. It covered his early years as a comedy writer and filmmaker through his latest films set in Europe. Everything you've always wanted to know about Woody Allen but were afraid to ask.

Woody Allen



4 comments:

  1. Everyone's really into Netflix. I have never tried it. Maybe if my guy was home every night but he's only home a couple days a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo: My son bought me a subscription. I didn't think I'd use it much, but it's pretty amazing. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back Luana! I had to skim the above because I'm trying to find time to watch Breaking Bad and I'm avoiding spoilers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig, you are in for the time of your LIFE! Amazing story. Thanks for saying "hi"... I've been on a much needed blog break. Will be checking out Let's Get Our of Here!

      Delete