Sunday, May 12, 2013

Best and Worst Mothers in the Movies

Jamie Lee Curtis in Freaky Friday


In honor of Mothers' Day, I'd like to present my inconclusive list of "The Best and Worst Mothers in the Movies."

BEST MOTHERS:


Renee Zellweger in Jerry McGuire





Julia Roberts in Erin Brochovich






Jennifer Aniston in Marley & Me






Jennifer Lopez in Enough






Sally Field in Not Without My Daughter




WORST MOTHERS:


Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest






Shelley Winters in A Patch of Blue







Mary Tyler Moore,in Ordinary People






Louise Latham in Marnie







Annette Bening in American Beauty


Do you have any to add to the list?

4 comments:

  1. Great pic of Faye Dunaway. Classic stuff. lmao the mom in Ordinary People reminded me so much of my own mom that I can't watch that movie. I've only seen it once and that was enough; it hit too close to home. I'd also add to Good Moms, the one from 'Easy A'. She was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo: I agree, Ordinary People hits close to home for many people. I related to the father in that movie...I found myself trying to make peace between my husband and our daughter. I thought he was too strict and I over compensated by being too lenient.

      Delete
  2. A very fitting and fun post! Jamie Lee also gets worst mom for Mother's Boys - check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never saw that one. Motherhood definitely has it's good times and bad times...

      Delete