Monday, November 28, 2011

Back to the 1960s!

Next project: Our drama troupe, the Sunnyside Players, is planning our annual Valentine's Day Dessert Theatre. The theme is the 1960s. This year, along with live comedy sketches, jokes, one-liners and songs, we are going to create a video parody of TV shows of the 1960s: Gilligan's Island, Star Trek, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Andy Griffith Show, etc. Our drama team will play the various characters in short funny scenes.

We also want to show video of 1960s TV commercials and an audience-participation performance of The Newlywed Game and The Dating Game.

I'll be writing the scripts (the theme is "Love" of course, for Valentine's Day) for the TV shows and we will be shooting the video over the next few weeks. That means I'll be writing, acting and shooting/editing video with a deadline of early February.

I wonder if I've bitten off more than I can chew?

4 comments:

  1. Not a chance - and it's going to be MARVELOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig: I'm already feeling overwhelmed. Must think this through...But thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luana: Sounds like it will be a great show! Post videos please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zelda: I'll see what we can do. The hard part about videos is getting the sound right. I will never again take the sound technician for granted.

    ReplyDelete